Hmm, this very interesting. And, while its always in our nature to categorize, in terms of introducing more stability into organization, and releases, do you think it would be wise to consider that there's a commons "core" of projects for which dependency should be managed in a more organized strategy. Say:

commons level 1:
        may not depend on > level 1 components

commons level 2:
        may not depend on > level 2 components

commons level 3:
        may not depend on all levels

Then one could logically establish major releases at each level in such a way to control what might appear to some to be "over-versioning"?

thoughts?
-Mark Diggory

robert burrell donkin wrote:
interesting :)