J.Pietschmann wrote:
Robert Leland wrote:

Borland popularized the @todo, which I use. Maven, or one of the plug-ins, also recognized the
'TODO:' so there are no javadoc warnings.

I replaced "@todo" with "TODO:" while fixing the JavaDoc warnings.
Questions:
- "TODO" (without colon), as recognized by Eclipse out-of-the-box,
 or "TODO:" (with colon)? I used the latter, more for aestethics.
 Will Maven recognize "TODO"?
- What about the "FIXME"? Replace with "TODO:"?

+1 on TODO as Eclipse uses out of the box. (because when creating a TODO with Eclipse it will be minus the ':').

http://maven.apache.org/reference/plugins/javadoc/properties.html

@todo can be added as a property to the maven properties, then these would not throw exceptions. (See the bottom of the page).

Logically this would mean that whatever tags we define in the properties would be usable within mavens javadoc.

Now, Eclipse does allow the definition of local project task tags. Maybe it would make sense to build a .project file for math that contained these configurations, then add it to the cvs so that all Eclipse users actually can use it without needing to customize Eclipse for each tag?

There are also some comments containing "NOTE:" at the beginning
of each comment line. As a matter of consistent style, should this
be removed?

+1 these should just be regular text comments.

I had the idea of building a "setup your IDE for work with Apache
projects" guide in the Wiki, unfortunately, there isn't much content
yet there. If "FIXME" should be recognized (or "TODO:" instead of
"TODO") this should be put there.

this makes sense. but I think FIXME should just be TODO.

-Mark

--
Mark Diggory
Software Developer