Code compiled with a 1.3 jdk is not compatible with java 1.4 jdbc api.
I did not check, but assume any jars for release will be compiled with a
1.4 jdk?

I think the hope is that a jar compiled with 1.4 will be usable in a 1.3
environment, so that we only distribute one.  I'm not sure if that
compatibility has been verified.

I'm not sure but maybe I have used a 1.3 compiled dbcp in a 1.4 jvm,
though that does not seem like it would work.

Basically, I'm saying I don't know the answer, but have we verified the
best jdk for compatibility?

john mcnally