From: "Gary Gregory" <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>
> So from your POV, if I want an API just like the current reverse() with
the
> addition of the arg being returned, it has be a *new* API? Check?
>
> Do we want this new API? Am I SOL?
Personally, no. It pushes beyond my lang gut-feel boundary.

> If we were to write a reverse API today without backwards compatibility in
> mind with the functionality I desire, what would it look like?
To have the chaining functionality, it would be Object[] reverse(Object[]).
However, I believe that chaining should generally be avoided, and especially
on static utility classes. It confuses the API, with users assuuming they
need to assign the result.

Stephen

ArrayUtils.cutTheDeck(ArrayUtils.shuffleHere(ArrayUtils.shuffleThere(deck)

APIs

> > client

> > [EMAIL PROTECTED]
> > [EMAIL PROTECTED]