On Tue, 2003-10-21 at 05:16, Craig R. McClanahan wrote:
> Remy Maucherat wrote:
>
> > Hi,
> >
> > I'd like to add a feature to the digester, allowing property
> > replacement, similar to Ant. Basically, ${...} in an attribute value
> > would get replaced by a property value.

And +1 from me.

Could you please make the character that marks the start of the
"variable" configurable? eg allow:
 ${foo} or #{foo} or var{foo}

This is because I use the sequence "${xxx}" in attributes already in one
application.

And how about allowing variable evaluation in element bodies as well as
attributes?

I actually have implemented this functionality already for digester, but
not in a very nice way; I would certainly be interested in testing or
otherwise helping with this feature implementation.

Regards,

Simon