[EMAIL PROTECTED] wrote:

Once it goes beta, I'll start monitoring the user list as well as the developer list.

Unless beta coincides with promotion to top level, in which case there will be a hivemind-user and hivemind-dev lists.

WebCT will be getting back to me soon to finalize the wording for promotion (I developed HiveMind partially on their time, so they have a say -- they want to ensure they get proper credit).

You will also probably need to get guidance from the Apache Foundation,
on Acknowledging WebCT before moving HiveMind to Commons/Jakarta level.
  [EMAIL PROTECTED]
Many companies like Sun/IBM have contributed many man years of
labor to Jakarta Projects and they just get very minimal acknowledgment.

http://jakarta.apache.org/site/acknowledgements.html

If WebCT requires the acknowledgment to be larger than the existing acknowledgments for Sun/IBM for example
and Apache isn't as a whole won't allow it,...and you agree then a viable alternative
might be to move the project elsewhere like Source Forge.