> > > Some of the goals I was working towards were:
> > > 1. No memory allocation during streaming.  This
> > > eliminates
> > > garbage collection during large conversions.
> > Cool. I got large conversions... I'm already at
> > mediumblob in mysql , and it goes up/down XML
> stream
> > :)
>
> I have a lot to learn here.  While I have some
> knowledge
> of XML (like every other developer on the planet), I
> have never used it for large data sets or used SAX
> parsing.
> Sounds like a good test to find holes in the design
> :-)

It's easy. You got callback, where you can gobble up
string buffers with incoming chars for element
contents.  ( and there is a lot of this stuff... )
After tag is closed, you have all the chars in a big
string buffer, and get another callback - in this
callback you have to convert data, and do whatever
necessary ( in my case, create input stream, and pass
it to database )

> > > 3. Customisable receivers.  All codecs utilise
> > > receivers to
> > > handle conversion results.  This allows
> different
> > > outputs such as
> > > streams, in-memory buffers, etc to be supported.
> >
> > And writers :) Velocity directives use them.
>
> Do you mean java.io.Writer?  If so I haven't
> included
> direct support for them because I focused on raw
> byte
> streams.  However it shouldn't be hard to add a
> receiver to write to java.io.Writer instances.

My scenarios:
- I'm exporting information as base64 to XML with help
ov velocity. I do it through custom directive -
in this directive I get a Writer from velocity, where
I have to put my data.

Ideally codec would do: read input stream - encode -
put it into writer without allocating too much
memory.

I'm importing information:
- I have stream ( string ) of base 64 data -
codec gives me an input stream which is fed from this
source and does not allocate too much memory and
behaves polite...

regards,

=====
----[ Konstantin Pribluda ( ko5tik ) ]----------------
Zu Verstärkung meines Teams suche ich ab Sofort einen
Softwareentwickler[In] für die Festanstellung.
Arbeitsort: Mainz
Skills:  Programieren, Kentnisse in OpenSource-Bereich