Okay, then I will change the element name to hierarchicalDom4j, remove the support for the className attribute (well I'm not sure if I should really remove this or leave it as undocumented feature; it's about a view lines in ConfigurationFactory that won't hurt) and update the examples and the overview page.

At the moment I am also working on the ConfigurationXMLDocument class that allows XML-like processing on Configuration objects including interaction with Digester. I will add a section about this to the examples page, too.

Concerning the road map: Is there still interest for the configuration singleton? I think this would be a handy feature. The ConfigurationService class you have written for Turbine would do the major part, wouldn't it?

Oh, and I unfortunately don't visit the javapolis conference.

Oli

Eric Pugh wrote:

Humm...  I thinking that either hierarchical or hierarchicalDom4j..   I
don't have a problem with long names, I think long and explicit is better
then short and confusing!  I lean towards removing the attribute from
ConfigurationFactory to keep things as clean as possible.

I think then that we should maybe lay out a road map of things to get done
prior to getting out of sandbox:

1) Resolve the node name for hierarchical in dom4j.
2) Finish updating the docs.
3) Maybe get a jdbc configuration?  I would love a JDBCConfiguration object,
I haven't quite taken the time to put one together, but I recall someone
mentioning they had one..

And then get the 1.0 release done as part of moving out of the sandbox...

Are you by chance going to be attending the javapolis conference?
(http://www.bejug.org/bejugPortal/appmanager/BeJUG/JP03)

Eric