I just imported into jakarta-commons-sandbox a component named
Thread Benchmark (TBM).  It is designed to make testing thread
synchronization problems easier and as a clearing house for identifying
thread synchronization problems, workarounds, and alternative solutions.

The proposal can be found here:

http://cvs.apache.org/viewcvs.cgi/*checkout*/jakarta-commons-sandbox/tbm/PROPOSAL.html?rev=1.1

Regards,

Glenn

Brian McCallister wrote:
Several people, prodded by Glenn Nielson, discussed putting together a project to overcome the shortcoming of Date and Calendar, ranging from their pita to use-ness to their massive performance bottlenecks.

I know Glenn has had the flu so don't think he has gotten the ball rolling, but this might be a better place for the date related stuff you are talking about.

-Brian