BTW: MutableString is a bad name as it can imply a class that holds a String
and has a getString and setString method.

Stephen

Can you tell us why the name MutableString implies it has a getString and setString.

And what do people think here of introducing a different term (say Strand) for this concept as I discussed earlier (I paste that here, last time it was buried under confusion due to a typo.)

"
Talking about name, I would add my opinion that while it might be
nice to have a name for the replacer that is much like the replacee,
(StringBuf) one might prefer a more descriptive name at the expense
of this convenience: (***  MutableString).

As a compromise between the two, the name Strand can be adopted (Str...
thus near the original one + can be defined to represent a mutable
string contrasted with "String" which, by virtue of the so-named
class in the API, is immutable.)
"

Ash

Run, rabbit run.
Dig that hole, forget the sun,
And when at last the work is done
Don't sit down it's time to dig another one.