On Sat, Dec 20, 2003 at 11:21:39AM -0500, Henri Yandell wrote:
> On Fri, 19 Dec 2003, __matthewHawthorne wrote:
> > I was recently forced to switch to Subversion at work.  I haven't yet
> > tried to install a server, but the client and client-ssl were pretty
> > simple -- I just installed the necessary rpms.  I'm not sure how easy it
> > is in a non-rpm environment though.
>
> I tend to only install rpms if they come from SuSE linux-wise. Otherwise I
> install from source. Too many occasions of being bitten by some non-SuSE
> rpm that damages things.
>
> I'll see if the version of SuSE I use for servers ship with a subversion
> rpm, though it'll be quite old.

There are some older Subversion releases already packaged for SuSE:

  http://subversion.tigris.org/project_packages.html

I'm surprised that you have any problems with Subversion on SuSE, as Linux
is one of the primary development platforms of svn.

If you have problems getting it built, then ask on
[EMAIL PROTECTED] If you have questions about config or use, then
post to [EMAIL PROTECTED] The community on both lists is quite
large and helpful.

Cheers,
-g

--