I suggested a new orientation for [cache] earlier this month but it hasn't received much feedback :

The idea was to turn it into an abstraction layer for cache implementations just like commons logging for logging implementations. Any thought on this ?

Emmanuel Bourg

Hernan Silberman wrote:

I'm interested to know the status of the cache sandbox project. Looks very nice, I'd like to know if it's being actively worked on and how mature the code is. I noticed there are no builds available and not much documentation yet so I thought I'd ask the list.

thanks!
Hernan