but all proper commons components begin their life in the sandbox :)

- robert

On 28 Jan 2004, at 22:58, Inger, Matthew wrote:

aha.  sandbox.  didn't look there.  i'll see what they have.
That being said though, I can't base a commons proper component
on something in the sandbox.....

-----Original Message-----
From: Joe Germuska [mailto:[EMAIL PROTECTED]
Sent: Wednesday, January 28, 2004 5:45 PM
To: Jakarta Commons Developers List; '[EMAIL PROTECTED]'
Subject: RE: [lang] i18n package proposal

At 4:43 PM -0500 1/28/04, Inger, Matthew wrote:
Any interest in an i18n package for lang? I think it would be helpful for
a applications to have a foundation for i18n and string externalization.
Presenting a common interface, and implementations which allow for resource
chaining are things that in my estimation are often re-invented for a lot
of applications.

Have you seen commons-resources? http://jakarta.apache.org/commons/resources/api/

It's pretty well developed, although hasn't quite made it to a full
1.0 release.

Joe

--
Joe Germuska