hi eric

this has been discussed before and the consensus was that the collapsable menus would be the best solution. the issue is that some maven work is needed to make them work. (just setting them to collapsable does nothing useful since the collapsable feature is designed to work with maven generated documentation.)

one suggestion was to create (or amend) a maven plugin so that these would be generated automagically. dIon volunteered to take a look at this a while ago but he's busy and AFAIK there's no results from that as yet.

i happened to be chatting with trygve about this (on maven IRC) and he has come up with a new plan (which sounds easier than the original). we create shared xml files and add them into the documentation builds. this sounds like it should make the collapsable thing work but someone needs to step up and create the files and (probably) do a little jelly magic. ATM i'm busy working on piping betwixt into JaxME (the apache JAXB implementation) so i don't have the time to do it right now. i hope to find time sometime sooner rather than later but there's a lot of stuff stacked up for me right now. so i'd be glad if a volunteer stepped up to give this plan a go.

- robert