Michael Heuer wrote:

On Mon, 16 Feb 2004, Stephen Colebourne wrote:

The point is that maven keep changing their mind.

First came classic blue top
Second came white top, big font, red section titles
Third (current) is white top, good left, but ridiculous section titles
see  http://maven.apache.org

We need to divorce ourselves from this. The current project.css only works
against the xdoc 1.4 plugin.

<snip>

This may be a bit drastic, but commons could define its own site.jsl file
(originally copied from the appropriate version of the xdoc plugin) and
use the property

maven.xdoc.jsl=.../commons-site.jsl

I don't think it's drastic but it will require consensus on the L&F. I think if we do go this way we will need to have multiple L&F's and have a vote to decide on the best one.

BTW, great work by you guys on this already.  My maven
skills are limited but if someone needs some help on
some of this, give me a shout.

-John K

michael