Ok, this appears to work across the site as long as the project.properties for each subproject contains

maven.xdoc.jsl=../commons-build/commons-site.jsl

It appears that even when the the project.xml extends ../commons-build/project.xml that the ../commons-build/project.properties are not included (bummer I was really dependening on that for transparent behavior int he subprojects). Maybe theres a way to link the project.properties together that I'm missing?

-Mark

Mark R. Diggory wrote:
The first NPE was my fault for plaing ${basedir} before the jsl filename. After this though, there appear to be some Context parameters that are not set. This is a discrepancy I suspect between xdoc 1.4 and 1.5. My solution is to use the 1.4 site.jsl from the 1.4 xdoc plugin and just hardcode the path to the project.css in it for now.

I'll be updating this shortly and testing it btwn the 1.4 and 1.5 xdoc plugins.

-M.

Mark R. Diggory wrote:

Stephen Colebourne wrote:

I tried doing a [convert] build with maven rc1 and the jsl failed with a
NPE.

I got it too, and havn't had time to track it down.

I don't have time to track it down ATM. Would it not be easier to copy
the project.css into each commons project? Or add to the maven xml in each
project to retrieve the latest version?

It would be better to keep it global and use something like the site.jsl/theme.css to tweek the L&F via overiding the project.properties. It involves less replicated files/code. And the L&F would look the same if the individual project built their site, or it was generated from commons-build.

I can get at the NPE with a little digging. Let me see what I can come up with.

Stephen

From: "Mark R. Diggory" <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>

and the follwoing line to project.properties

maven.xdoc.jsl=${basedir}/commons-site.jsl

this should default the site generation to use our jsl and theme.

We can also add any "theme" customization (both tot he global site and
to any subprojects that want to create thier own customization)

maven.xdoc.theme.url=...

This will point to the actuall url of teh css on the web server.

-- Mark Diggory Software Developer Harvard MIT Data Center http://www.hmdc.harvard.edu