[EMAIL PROTECTED] wrote:
I realized that after making this patch that there is a DOM
javascript call called getAttribute()  that will probably
work better than what I created. What I have will be succeptable
to attribute hiding by an html element named 'attributes' which
I am sure exists in somebody's ActionForm.

I don't think getAttribute works in IE though. From what I've seen, it works in Mozilla, but in IE you have to use the "element.attribute" format.