On 1 Apr 2004, at 07:23, Simon Kitching wrote:
On Wed, 2004-03-31 at 10:55, Edelson, Justin wrote:

<snip>

Just to be clear, is there a timeframe for 1.6?

I am *very* keen to get a release out the door within 4 weeks.
Unfortunately, people keep coming up with really cool features to
include :-). We've been talking about a release for a while now, but
no-one else has suggested a goal date. One potential holdup is that it
would be nice for BeanUtils to release first - though it's not critical.

I'm currently shipping a commercial product with a digester library
built from CVS, and would love to get a release out to fix that - as
well as let people use all the nice features that have been added
recently.

as far as i'm concerned the major issue with a 1.6 is (and has been for a while) finding a release manager. craig and i have different views on who's eligible for this role. you might prefer craig's view's to mine in this case.

it might be wiser not to add mixed content support for 1.6 (i have some possible concerns but i'll need to go through the proposed code). there is no reason, though, why the release plan could not involve taking a 1.6 release branch. this would allow development of mixed content to continue whilst preparing for the 1.6 release.

- robert