Hi Phil,

Thank you, I guessed I was missing a step somewhere, doing what you said took care of the problem. I submitted the patches, if that isn't what you're looking for, let me know, I'll fix it if necessary. I know this isn't a whole lot to contribute, but it was a place to start.

I bookmarked both sites you mention in your reply, and also purchased the O'Reilly text, Essential CVS.

Phil Steitz wrote:

Looks like you forgot to checkout the module first.

You need to do

cvs co jakarta-commons/math

after the cvs login and CVSROOT export.

That will create a local cvs sandbox for you. Find the files that you want to patch in your newly created local jakarta-commons/math, make your changes and then run the diff from the sandbox directory where the modified files reside.

See http://www.apache.org/dev/version-control.html

In addition to the CVS homepage referenced there, here is another CVS reference that I like:

http://cvsbook.red-bean.com/cvsbook.html

Thanks in advance for the patches!

Phil

--
Christopher Schuck

"If you have no voice, SCREAM; if you have no legs, RUN; if you have no hope, INVENT" - Alegria