On Dec 24, 2003, at 12:03 PM, Morgan Delagrange wrote:

I believe (but I Am Not A Lawyer) that we can use the
term "Java" to describe something on the homepage, but
that it cannot be the title of a project, nor could it
be used as a domain name.  Most sourceforge projects
that do so are probably in error from a legal
standpoint.

That is correct. You couldn't have JavaLogging or such, but could describe it as 'logging solution for Java'.

geir

Anyway, that old domain name was cheesy. :)

- Morgan

--- Henri Yandell <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:

Any idea how exactly the java trademark works with respect to our usage of it?

For example, if we're talking about language based
portals/foundries, can
we actually call it the 'Apache Java Portal'? Or
some such.

How do Sourceforge get away with:

http://java.foundries.sourceforge.net/ ?

Presuming Jakarta remains as is, but some kind of
Java-ASF-portal is also
created, I'm just wondering how the word 'Java' can
be linked to the name
etc.

Hen