From: Stephen Colebourne [mailto:[EMAIL PROTECTED]
Sent: Tuesday, April 06, 2004 5:46 PM
To: Jakarta Commons Developers List
Subject: Re: [all] Shared build causes issues in releases

Thanks for sorting the problem with current builds.

My point is more long term. I am proposing that a release of a single
commons component should be complete (and tagged) internally, without
reference to an external commons-build folder.

To achieve this, a release must
a) copy and rename commons-build/project.xml to

project/project-common.xml

b) edit project/project.xml to change the reference from the central

source

to the local one

ATM release managers will have to remember to do this manually.

(BTW, I needed the maven to work not to create a jar, but to fetch the
dependencies of validator. Running 'maven clean' seemed like the

quickest

solution.)

Stephen

From: "Mark R. Diggory" <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>

I've now added build and report sections that were missing to the
subproject project.xml files, please verify they contain what you

want

for your project and adjust them to your liking if they do not.

Maybe someone can review and do the same for the sandbox?