        From: Inger, Matthew [mailto:[EMAIL PROTECTED]
        Sent: Fri 5/7/2004 9:43 AM
        To: 'Jakarta Commons Developers List'; Jakarta Project Management Committee
List
        Subject: RE: Fwd: Removing files completely from cvs

        I agree, copyrights apply to the published works themselves
        and/or any source code.  Algorithms are not covered by copyrights,
        but rather by patents, if i am correct.   If someone had taken the
        source code, and used it, i could see an issue.  Provided no source
        code was copied, I don't see any problem (based on my assumptions
        above).