hi david

(please prefix posts about beanutils with [beanutils])

the way you tell it, it sounds like a bug. maybe i'll think of a reason why it was coded that way when i see the patch. craig's really busy right now which is a shame since the area of 'is this a feature?' is best dealt with by him. maybe i'll talk to the folks on struts dev if i'm not sure...

rather than just contributing the patch, please contribute (in addition) a good set of test cases which illustrate the (possible) bug.

- robert