Emmanuel has picked up the ball from me on getting 1.0 done..  He's been
going through the issues and really looking carefully at the state of the
code, so I think 1.0 will be arriving soon..   There are nightly builds
(done for all commons projects) and you can also grab a snapshot off of
jakarta.apache.org/turbine/repo

Eric