Rami Ojares wrote:

Hi,

I asked about this a little while ago - when you resolve a file for a SFTP url, the SFTP file system maintains the session until the file manager is closed - the solution you propsed (see below) works well, but this will not work if I try to use this in a multi-threaded environment.

What are the general thoughts about this?

One possible direction to take would be to develop the pooling
mechanism (maybe use commons-pooling?) and give an option to the
sftp provider pooling=true|false.

Disabling pooling (even the one-sized) is IMHO not an option as this might make this FileSystem dog slow and the network bandwith might greatly increase - for every request we have to run through the authentication process and reattach the sftp channel.

--
Mario