I'm working on a sorted preferential array for JCS.

It keeps a limited number of items (Comparables) in
sorted order.  When full it removes either the
smallest or largest object.  The smallest is removed
if the item to be put is larger than the smallest and
the array perfers larger items.  The largest is
removed if the item to be added is smaller than the
largest and if the array prefers smaller items.

This allows me to keep track of a limited number of
empty slots on disk and insert objects in the smallest
on that will fit.

I just made it.  It's in the util/struct folder in
cvs.  It is fully functional but could be more
efficient.  I'm still improving it.  . . .

I don't want to wast any time.  Is there anything in
commons that already does something similar?

Aaron