From: Aaron Smuts [mailto:[EMAIL PROTECTED]
Sent: Monday, July 19, 2004 10:04 AM
To: Jakarta Commons Developers List
Subject: RE: commons cache

Hi,

Can I see the API so I can get a better feel for what
you have in mind?

Although I use it extensively, I'm not exactly sure of
the value of commons-logging.  I have no intention of
switching from log4j.  It does everything I want in a
logger.  Adding the commons-logging gives me
flexibility to change, but since I can't imagine
changing, the overall effect of using commons-logging
is additional complexity with no substantial benefit.

There may be reasons to use commons-logging in an open
source project, since it gives our users a choice of
loggers.  However, I don't see the point of using it
in private projects except to stay consistent with the
opensource projects I use . .  .

Then again, caching may be different, since there
doesn't seem to be a cache at the level of maturity of
log4j.  I hope JCS will be that soon.

Cheers,

Aaron

http://nagoya.apache.org/eyebrowse/[EMAIL PROTECTED]