Kim van der Linde wrote:

--- "matthew.hawthorne" <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:

<>

<>I think I am a typical math only user and developer and I just joined the e-mail lists. The last days, I seriously contemplated on leaving both lists because of the use amout of completly irrelevant bullshit that passes by every morning and during the day on my computer. I have better things to do.

<>

Maybe irrelevant to you, but not irrelevant to the
rest of us...

One of the things I learned from programming was to automate tasks that were repetitive in nature. I can always regulate my own time by automating the tasks I need to perform for my personal requirements. Most of the traffic on the list is about how the list can create a special case so that the math boys don't have to be responsible for their own environment. I think this is a bad idea. If you want to join an email list, learn how to use your email client. Otherwise, we will build the sort of monolithic crap that is typical of bureaucratic societies that baby their privileged members.

Michael McGrady