DbUtils intentionally does not use logging but it is rather small and
doesn't really need it.  Validator has very little logging usage and that
dependency could probably be removed.  Most of what it used to log was
better handled by throwing an exception out to the framework to the users.

I like the fact that DbUtils is distributed as just a single dbutils.jar
but that's not a requirement I would place on other commons components.

David