"Eric Pugh" <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> writes:

>Hi all,

>Just getting back into the swing of things after vacation.  Seems like a bit
>of activity in configuration, so I hope I don't accidentally step on
>anyone's toes..  I was really hoping that getVector had been eradicated
>everywhere..  I know we spent quite a lot of effort doing that.  But, maybe
>as far as turbine is concerned, it was only in the 2.4 branch...

>At any rate, since it is marked as deprecated, and Henning has put back all
>the unit tests, I guess we can let it lie...  I hate releasing a 1.0 w/
>deprecated code, on the other hand, getting to 1.0 is the main job!

I tried the 1.0-rc with existing stuff like Turbine 2.3 and Torque 3.1
and they were all rather upset to find getVector() missing... :-)

This is not about "cleaning up current code". This is about being
compatible to existing and released code that uses c-c.

If we rip these out, there is no way to migrate existing code from the
various snapshots to clean 1.0. IMHO this would really upset our
users.

We will have a release of c-c with getVector() (1.0) and then rip it
out immediately afterwards. If one needs a released version to remove
all these snapshots used in many projects, they should use 1.0. If one
needs newer stuff, they must rework their code.

        Regards
                Henning

[EMAIL PROTECTED]        +49 9131 50 654 0   http://www.intermeta.de/

                                    Open Source Software Development"