Steve Cohen wrote:

Sorry, please disregard my earlier reply. I didn't read your original carefully enough. Mario has provided one workaround. I would suggest that VFS should be enhanced to take advantage of this little-known capability of Commons-Net.

Done!

FtpFileSystemConfigBuilder.setFTPFileEntryParserFactoryKey()
setFTPFileEntryParserFactoryKey: allows to set the "key" used in FTPFileEntryParserFactory. In case of the default commons-net implementation this can be a FQCN (which could be your own implementation) or one of the already known ftp-entry parsers - see org.apache.commons.net.ftp.parser.DefaultFTPFileEntryParserFactory for details.

Ciao, Mario