Dirk Verbeeck wrote:

Hi Kevin, Brad

With only 10 emails on commons-dev and 0 on commons-user it will be difficult to get a positive vote for you, Brad.
(you can always try, the community decides)

Like Henri said last month(1), activity in the community is important.
For a sandbox project this is difficult because there aren't many developers/users and low email traffic. And with the two of you working right next to each other, even more.

Brad, the other OSS projects you worked on are not very recent and not active anymore. So our main source of info will be the apache mailing lists. (any involvement is positive, ditto with involvement in other apache components/projects, even if it is just answering questions)

My advice, try to promote feedparser, maybe get involved with other projects and get their interest. Create a struts demo appl for feedparser or anything to get a healthy user base for feedparser.
When feedparser has a user base and is mature enough for a 1.0 release in commons proper then I'm sure you will get voted in.

Brad is working full time on feedparser and you're essentially telling him he can't get CVS access until its 1.0. How are we supposed to GET it to 1.0 it he can't get CVS access?

Do you see the problem here?

I think the issue is that right now for the jakarta sandbox if you give Brad access then you're giving him access to a number of other projects. He doesn't want access to other projects he just wants access to FeedParser.

Kevin

--

Use Rojo (RSS/Atom aggregator). Visit http://rojo.com. Ask me for an invite! Also see irc.freenode.net #rojo if you want to chat.

If you're interested in RSS, Weblogs, Social Networking, etc... then you should work for Rojo! If you recommend someone and we hire them you'll get a free iPod!
AIM/YIM - sfburtonator, Web - http://peerfear.org/