I had an idea about how we could improve the default configuration of
commons-chain.  It would be nice if we could have the following
catalog.xml:

<catalog>
  <chains>
    <chain name="foobar.chain">
      <command name="foo" className="Foo"/>
      <command name="bar" className="Bar"/>
    </chain>
    <chain name="biz.chain">
      <chain name="foobar.chain">
      <command name="biz" className="Biz"/>
    </chain>
  </chains>
</catalog>

The idea is that once a chain has been created through the Digester it
is available for subsequent chains that need to be created.  Thus you
could reference an existing chain (as is done in the "biz.chain").

This way you could reuse chains as you see fit.  This could come in
handy eventually in the struts-chain project.  You could group several
related commands together and then offer different chain combinations
to the user depending on what they need.

Any thoughts on that?

sean