Eric Pugh wrote:
That is one reason..   The problem became apparent when putting some new
features into the Eclipse plugin for Maven. [1]  We'll be making it
backwards compatilbe in order not to break a project like [configuration].
but more to the point, the /conf directory has become huge, with a mix, well
okay, mostly, test resources, plus a config file or two.

By making this change we explicity list our test resources, they are in
/src/test-resources.

At this point, I have everything working, so I just am trying to build
consensus that this is good.  I personally think that it sorts things out
better.

I'm ok for the move, that will make the source tree a bit cleaner. This shoud leave only checkstyle.xml and HEADER.txt in /conf.

Emmanuel Bourg