I wont give up eric, no worries there :o)

I'm looking into offline email browsing, ideally a swing app that can
be fired up from maven. But I'll need to get a bit of time on this,
hope fully pointing my mail client at the outputted files will remove
the self-spam dependency.

Have you any suggestions of how to go about working around
UnsupportedEncodingException not being thrown but the compiler
insisting that it needs to be caught? The test case seems to suggest
that the mail api doesn't really care about bogus charsets.

Were the AddressException patches dog or any use? Point me in the
right direction in terms of what needs doing and I'll try and get some
patches to you. At the moment I'm guessing a little bit, as I'm not
sure what the project's priourities are, but I'm glad to try and help
as much as i can.

Mark