Eric Pugh wrote:

Agreed, missing files should throw ConfigurationException.  However, if we
add 31797, then it wouldn't.  I would like to see 31797 as I think it would
help the usability for lots of people.

I am not going to finish my JNDIConfiguration setProperty stuff, I got
screwed up in it and frustrated, so I ended up working around it.

Eric

The NPE is a bit different from the enhancement 31797 because the former relates to constructors of file based configurations and the latter is a new feature of ConfigurationFactory. I will open a new bugzilla ticket for the NPEs, direct the reporting user to it and provide a fix.

I will then commit my patch for bug 31797.

Oliver