On Thu, 25 Nov 2004, Matthias Wessendorf
<[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:

> created a Tar-ball for the new.
> That guy was imported to apache cvs
> by the incubator-guys, I guess.

Probably you are using Subversion and not CVS for Myfaces, so it ran
through cvs2svn which preserved history.

cvs import doesn't preserve history.  If you wanted to do that, you'd
have to move the *,v files of the server around (which you did in the
MyFaces case).

> I submitted by accident $LOG (for CVS)
>
> I guess it is not common inside of Jakarta?

I've never seen any Apache code base use it, but that doesn't mean
much.  I personally don't like it, but its a matter of taste.

Stefan