On 28 Nov 2004, at 21:43, Simon Kitching wrote:

On Sat, 2004-11-27 at 18:52, Martin Cooper wrote:

Summarising my preferred versions of your alternatives, we might have:

jakarta/
  commons/
    proper/
      digester/
        branches/
        tags/
        trunk/

If each subproject has a 'tags'/'branches' directory, then doesn't it become impossible to check out the latest source of *all* the commons projects without ending up with a copy of every branch of that project ever made?

I think the ability to get "the latest of commons" is important, and
therefore I think for sanity the structure needs to be:
  jakarta/
    commons/
      branches/
        collections/
        digester/
      tags/
        collections/
        digester/
      trunk/
        collections/
        digester/

Yes, this is much uglier because branches of a project are several
directories away from the trunk of the project. But at least checking
out 'jakarta/commons/trunk' gets the latest of everything, with no
branched code.

+1

(of course, this doesn't include the sandbox. the real path may end up a little different.)

- robert