I should mention how you update the list of packages that are
included, for when new Commons Proper or Commons Sandbox packages are
added later:

    cd /path/to/jakarta/commons/proper
    svn propedit svn:externals current

    cd /path/to/jakarta/commons/sandbox
    svn propedit svn:externals current

The "svn propedit" command fires up your favorite editor on a multiple
line text file comprising the contents of the property.  Each line
contains the name of a subdirectory to create (under "current") and
the absolute URL of the corresponding SVN directory to be checked out.

Craig