Hi Jörg,
Thanks for your comments. See my comments inline.
Cheers,
Daniel

You will not get an exception. You can throw/catch the LocalizedException.
If you display the error details in a language where no message is
available, it will either:
- Throw a MessageNotFoundException if you don't provide a default text
Or
- Print the given default text
Should I make this clear in the docs?

> Further there are many guys out there that discovered that static coding
> is not always the best thing to do (e.g. talk to all the IoC container
> freaks). So if the design would be a more open (so the mechanism for
> lookup can be replaced without getting into your code) you would not
> scare away those folks.
I don't see how to get rid of the static methods in the MessageManager and
why?

> Here are some of my suggestions:
> For your bundle (LocalizedBundle):
> - -create an interface
The LocalizedBundle contains some logic, so it cannot be an interface.
Should we introduce a new interface that gets implemented by
LocalizedBundle? I think this would introduce additional complexity, but
I'll think about it again.

> - -replace getArguments() with getArgument(int) and getArgumentCount()
Why?

> Why is LocalizedBundle not in the bundle package?
It's because of the lack of "friend" keyword in java.

> Do not resolve the message in the constructor of the exception, but
> store the acutal bundle object. Override the getMessage() method
> to return the actual message from the bundle (in my case in english) and
> add a getMessage() method that takes a parameter for the localization.
The message is not resolved in the constructor! It will be translated when
you retrieve it.

> - From your point of view the Locale and from my point of view the so
> called StringTranslator.
I don't see why to introduce StringTranslator. The approach using Locale
directly works fine.

> Do the same thing for printing stacktraces.
> Override the getLocalizedMessage() to do something appropriate (e.g.
> calling getMessage(Locale.getDefaultLocale()).
Good point!