Hi,

I've been looking at the use of commons logging in exec. Coming from ant dev, it would be nice to refactor ant to use the commons-exec package, but Ant has it's own logging mechanism (using logging listeners), and I'm pretty sure that the ant code base will not change to using commons-logging throughout except as the listener, and as far as I'm aware the ant team want to keep the ant bootstrap as minimal as possible (require nothing but an xml parser and a jdk). [1]

There's also the problem of the minimum version of Java supported by commons-exec, though this looks like it will be less of a problem.

Still it would be nice to use these components in more than one place so that changes/fixes don't have to be copied about, I'm just not too sure that it will happen anytime soon

[1]http://marc.theaimsgroup.com/?l=ant-dev&m=112729258826251&w=2

Kev