On Wed, 22 Feb 2006, Henri Yandell wrote:
Given the slow performance of the current codebase, I'm tempted to
think that 2) should be moving in parallel with 1). Either by
hand-optimising the current one via a tool like YourKit or JProfiler;
or by leaping over to generating a parser via a parser generator and
making the assumption that it'll give us a performance improvement.

First guesses brought up that the current implementation can be optimized quite a bit with a profiler. But of course we have to prove this with some measure/optimize/measure cycles.

We'll look into this in the next weeks and give feedback here...

Of course: any hints welcome!

cu
Stefan