I am in favor of putting it back (don't consider this "binding" though). Being able to be a drop in replacement of previous versions is pretty important for logging I think..

Mvgr,
Martin

robert burrell donkin wrote:
remy ran a regression test for RC6 (thanks :)

we no long ship the jdk logger in API jar. however, tomcat uses jdk
logger as it's default. so, by excluding the jdk logger, JCL 1.1 is no
longer a drop in replacement at least for tomcat.

so, i thought it'd be a good time to reconsider the decision to exclude
the jdk logger.

opinions?

- robert