Stephen Kestle wrote:
If an Equator is determined to be something worthwhile for the next (generic) version of Collections, I can provide interfaces, default implementations tests etc.

I certainly think that there are multiple ways to to equals checks. In my day job we compare by ==, equals and id.

Done well, this would make a good enhancement in the 'new' collections.

BTW, I favour trying to create a 'FlexiMap' map implementation, which has pluggable hashcode/equals/weakReference/softReference/... So, if anyone wants to give that a go feel free!

Stephen