I did a fresh install of Maven 1.0.2 on people.apache.org (FreeBSD 6.1, Java 5u7), with a fresh checkout of the code, and ran 'maven site'. The build failed on checkstyle with this error :

Unable to create a Checker: cannot initialize module TreeWalker - Property 'allowMissingJavadoc' in module JavadocMethod does not exist, please check the documentation

I had the same issue on my laptop, this property exists in the checkstyle documentation though. I removed the offending line and restarted the site generation, it completed normally.

Now I wonder why Phil's nightly builds report an xdoc error and not the checkstyle error. What command is used to start the nightly build ?

Emmanuel Bourg

Emmanuel Bourg a écrit :
I have the same version of Maven and the build works fine with the xdoc plugin 1.8. What is wrong ?

Emmanuel Bourg

Phil Steitz a écrit :
Failed build logs:
http://vmbuild.apache.org/~commons/nightly/logs//20070415/configuration.log