Hello,

Oliver Zeigermann a écrit :

All this would be in the lock manager and would not require changes to
the lock classes.

In order to understand correctly how to implement the solution to my problem, I looked at the implementation of the GenericLock class. I have a few questions about it.

As far as I understand, a GenericLock is associated to a resourceId (the object _being_ locked, which in my problem will be an interval). When ones want to get a lock, either read or write, on this resourceId, the acquire() method is called. The ownerId is the object that _wants_ the lock (in my problem, will be a Thread). Am I right ?

I have the feeling that a GenericLock object has to be associated to an other object (the resourceId), for which it manages the lock. For example, if I define a MessageMailbox object, I could associate a GenericLock to it to handle the locking issues.

However, in my case, it is a bit different. The objects I am accessing are the nodes of an XML tree. However, I don't want to lock each node independently, but instead allocate dynamically intervals of nodes being accessed.

Using the interval as the resourceId does not seem to be the right solution : the object being protected by the lock is not the interval itself, but rather the nodes covered by the interval. I'm not sure if it's all clear, but I think this small detail changes pretty much everything.

Any suggestion ?

Thanks for your help,

Mélanie