I assume this is the only code and no logging enabled?  From trace it looks
like its trying to log somewhere and don't have access. But I may be wrong

Kedar

-----Original Message-----
From: shiv shankar [mailto:[EMAIL PROTECTED]
Sent: Monday, June 19, 2006 5:30 PM
To: Jakarta Commons Users List
Subject: RE: HttpClient : Sending Multipart request from applet

Hello Kedar,

Let me put in this way, Below is a applet where I have given the statemnt

PostMethod pMethod = new PostMethod(targetUrl);

public class FileStreamApplet extends Applet {

        public void init() {

                try {

                         String targetURL =
"http://localhost:8080/echo/echo";;
                                PostMethod filePost = new
PostMethod(targetURL);
                }
                catch(Exception e) {
                        e.printStackTrace();
                }

        }
}

I have complied and signed this applet , It is giving me the following
exception

java.lang.ExceptionInInitializerError
        at
org.apache.commons.httpclient.HttpMethodBase.<clinit>(HttpMethodBase.java:10
2)
        at FileStreamApplet.init(FileStreamApplet.java:21)
        at java.lang.Thread.run(Unknown Source) Caused by:
java.security.AccessControlException:
access denied (java.util.PropertyPermission
org.apache.commons.logging.LogFactory.HashtableImpl
read)
        at
java.security.AccessControlContext.checkPermission(Unknown
Source)
        at
java.security.AccessController.checkPermission(Unknown
Source)
        at java.lang.SecurityManager.checkPermission(Unknown
Source)
        at
java.lang.SecurityManager.checkPropertyAccess(Unknown
Source)
        at java.lang.System.getProperty(Unknown Source)
        at
org.apache.commons.logging.LogFactory.createFactoryStore(LogFactory.java:320
)
        at
org.apache.commons.logging.LogFactory.<clinit>(LogFactory.java:1725)
        ... 4 more

I have taken out the OutputStream stuff.

R.Shiv Shankar

--- Kedar Panse <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:

> OutputStream oc = new
> FileOutputStream("c:/shiv/filewrite.txt");
> You may need to add this file in to acl for reading
>
> http://java.sun.com/sfaq/#read
>

> Kedar

org.apache.commons.httpclient.methods.multipart.FilePart;
> import

org.apache.commons.httpclient.methods.multipart.MultipartRequestEntity;
> import

org.apache.commons.httpclient.methods.multipart.Part;
> import

org.apache.commons.httpclient.params.HttpMethodParams;