On 5/21/07, Nestor Urquiza <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:
Hi Rahul,

Talking about this I do not know if I posted about it before ( lazy now to search in the archives )
but at some point I ( at least ) thought about a special event let us say "app.error"
that I was hoping to use from a custom action for example to provide an "exception"
mechanism.

In a glance imagine your custom action needs to stop the normal course of your SCXML
code. I was hoping to use the type ERROR to define a special event called
"app.error" that would be included in the transition element to specify where
to go when an unexpected exception occurs.

My guess a while ago was that it would be great to make commons-SCXML "exception
aware" meaning that if for some reason an event of ERROR type is raised the complete
state machine would stop processing the current logic triggerred by a regular event and
would then proceed to the transitions to move the FSM to a state corresponding to the
error event transition target.

Makes sense?

<snip/>

Yes, users can leverage the event types (either existing or new /
user-defined) to have application-specific semantics, as you indicate
above. However, Commons SCXML itself does not use the type
information.

-Rahul

Thanks,

-Nestor