I haven't used the DBCP I must admit and was suggesting something not
actually tied to the re-deployment process specifically but something
that stands by itself as a separate part to your application e.g.
servlet or jsp that you has some method of closing all pooled
connections. if you are using struts have an actionmethod that does this
would be appropriate when called on submission of an (protected) admin
page -

eg.
http://yourdomain/context/admin.do?action=closeAllConnections

then you could call the close() method on the ObjectPool interface.

Sorry a bit abstract in my explanation, but just an idea. I think to
get the application to know when it is being redeployed is a bit
ambitious and prone to failure. If you know when you are going to
redeploy it then you also know that you need to close the connections
and therefore it is in your control.

Conrad

>>> [EMAIL PROTECTED] 23/05/07 16:43:47 >>>

Do you mean to use any listener to servlet or could you please
elaborate
bit more ?
I am using struts ActionServlet and I too tried to implement destroy
method of RequestProcessor and close all connections on every
redeployment. However it is somehow not working and may be I am doing
something wrong.

- R

Conrad CRAMPTON PSE 52704 wrote:
> can't you create a utility servlet that you can call
pre-redeployment