On 5/22/07, Nestor Urquiza <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:
Could you mention in your opinion at least one of the alternatives to modify or
create a new SCXML Semantic implementation to deal with critical errors that
are supposed to stop the normal flow of the application? The Event type could
be one that we already saw is not going to be provided within the library and
still seems like the best way to accomplish that goal.

<snip/>

I think this was discussed a couple of times so I tried to look it up
in the archives, though I can only find one reference ATM (see about a
third of the way down in following email):

http://www.nabble.com/Re%3A--SCXML--SCXMLListener-Exception-Handling-Question-p3604935.html

That along with a couple of related observations ...

* Stopping a flow is equivalent to redirecting it to a (different)
final state (than what is perceived "normal")
* Each event name, by itself, specifies a unique "type" of event

... should satisfy many usecases.

-Rahul

Thanks,

-Nestor